My journey started September, 2014 when I decided to have the GBS after having a pulmonary embolism in April, 2014. Honestly, it scared the poop out of me. It's amazing that a person can have multiple clots passing through the heart to the lungs and not die! I had lots of small ones in both lungs and 1 big one in my right lung. Very scarey!
After having tried numerous diets and only having temporary success, I decided that the surgery was the best option for me. Many people say that it's the easy way out but after much research I've found in no way is it easy. Sure the weight comes off quicker but that only lasts for about a year and that year isn't a walk in the park.
I went to the information group September 9, 2014 and I was so proud of myself! So many times I've let my fear of doing something without support from someone else ruin things. There were maybe 15 other people there and because we are all suffering from obesity it didn't intimidate me. I came away from it feeling excited and scared at the same time. I knew I didn't need to think about it for a while so I signed up and paid my $100. I've had to do 6 months of groups, weigh-ins, obtaining clearances, 4 week Optifast diet, etc. I'm about to go into the last month and hoping to have the surgery around the beginning of April.
Blog List
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment