Sunday, March 1, 2015

Not Much To Tell

Posted by Unknown at 7:06 PM
Well, there's not much to tell. I've emailed my Pre-Op Coordinator to see what's next. I'm sure she already knows, but I let her know that Humana had called me to let me know that they approved the surgery and that my cardiac dr. had cleared me. He told me that they would let her know but I just want to make sure that it happened. 

I'm actually looking forward to starting the pre-op diet because I've been doing horrible with my eating. Well, it's only sweets. It's crazy to say, but I'm looking forward to having dumping syndrome after I have the surgery. It'll be nice to have that accountability. I've read on my facebook group that some people don't have it happen to them but I hope it does for me. Here are the symptoms:

 
Symptoms of dumping syndrome are most common during a meal or within 15 to 30 minutes following a meal. They include:
Gastrointestinal
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Abdominal cramps
  • Diarrhea
  • Feeling of fullness
Cardiovascular
  • Flushing
  • Dizziness, lightheadedness
  • Heart palpitations, rapid heart rate
Signs and symptoms also can develop later, usually one to three hours after eating. This is due to the dumping of large amount of sugars into the small intestine (hyperglycemia). In response, the body releases large amounts of insulin to absorb the sugars, leading to low levels of sugar in the body (hypoglycemia). Symptoms of late dumping can include

  • Sweating
  • Hunger
  • Fatigue
  • Dizziness, lightheadedness
  • Confusion
  • Heart palpitations, rapid heart rate
  • Fainting
A study of more than 1,100 people who had their stomachs surgically removed found that about two-thirds experienced early symptoms and about a third experienced late symptoms of dumping syndrome. Some people experience both early and late signs and symptoms.
No matter when problems develop, however, they may be worse following a high-sugar meal, especially one that's rich in table sugar (sucrose) or fruit sugar (fructose).


Ok, yes, it's crazy for me to want that but I know that if I experience it one time that will stop me from doing it again.

Anyway, I hope I hear from her on Monday or Tuesday. It'd be great to start the diet this week. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Newly Me @ 48 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea