So... there is still no date for the surgery. I got the IVC filter placed yesterday so I'm hoping that I'll get the call next week. I'll probably email my coordinator on Monday.
Getting the IVC filter wasn't bad at all. What's ironic is that I got more "feel good" medicine with that versus the heart cath. The filter goes through a vein and the heart cath goes in an artery... go figure. Anyway, I didn't feel anything and I was pretty loopy. Because they went through the groin I had to stay flat for a couple hours which was ok because I was still loopy and slept most of that time. The worst part was having to be there at 6:30 am!! Afterwards, it hurt a little bit so I took some aspirin and then slept most of the rest of the day. All-in-all, it's not a bad procedure if you have to have one. It's nice knowing that I have it and it decreases the chance of having a blood clot again.
Blog List
Friday, March 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment