I got my results for the H. Pylori and thankfully it's negative but now I wonder where the gastritis and polyps are coming from. I don't know how long it'll take to get the results for that but I'm anxious to know it.
April 21'st was my second nutrition class and it was a lot of information to take in. It was about the day before surgery and the day after. I also got weighed and I'm on track for next weeks weigh-in!! That was pretty awesome.
Okay here's some information about what my bariatric program requires for surgery:
I'm keeping a food diary now but I'll continue to keep one after the surgery and bring it with me to all post-op appointments
Week 1: Full Liquid 1 Diet
Week 2-3: Full Liquid 2 Diet
Week 4: Pureed Diet
Week 5-6: Solid Food 1 Diet (soft solid food)
Week 7: Solid Food 2 Diet (regular solid food)
Wow! 7 weeks until I can have regular food! That seems like a long time. The dietitian said that I'll be craving salads so get them in now. Honestly, I think there will be other things that I'll be craving.
The day before surgery is:
- No Food and stop taking Optifast or any protein supplements
- Follow a clear liquid diet only
- Drink at least 100 ounces of fluids but it's things that I can drink now so I don't think it'll be that bad regarding what I can drink.
- Exercise Goal: At least 30-45 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity to prepare you for minimal exercise to come in the next few days.
I'm now able to walk 45 minutes but I can't do it moderate to vigorously because of my asthma. They'll just have to accept that. I think it's awesome that I can walk 45 minutes now!
0 comments:
Post a Comment