Today was EGD day. I was really excited to get it done because that's the last of my tests to get done. I might have to get some blood work, but I'm not sure.
I didn't have to be at the hospital until 1:30. I thought I would be so hungry since I couldn't eat anything after 12:00 midnight but I didn't feel any hunger.
I had to wait about an hour to get back to the procedure room but the room that I was waiting in had a TV which made the wait time pass much faster. They started an IV and then it was just the waiting game. In about an hour they came to take me back to the room. When I got there I was so surprised I didn't have to get onto an uncomfortable table. They kept me in the stretcher that I was on in the waiting room. I was even able to keep my warm blanket that I brought with me. Then they put me on oxygen and put this horrible plastic thing in my mouth and told me to bite down on it. Because I have dentures it was against my gums and it really hurt. They then put an oxygen mask on me and started the IV sedation. That stuff really burned! I wanted to tell them but I was quickly getting knocked out and didn't have time. I don't think they would have care :) I did tell the nurse when I got back to recovery though! The procedure didn't take long at all and I didn't have to stay in recovery very long.
Now, onto the results. I have moderately severe gastritis and 2 polyps on my stomach. They took biopsies of the polyps and the stomach lining. I don't think it's anything to worry about regarding the polyps and the gastritis is probably h-pylori which all I'll have to do is take an antibiotic for it. Hopefully I'll know something next week.
I got home and slept a lot! My stomach hurt some from the biopsies and my throat hurt from what they put down my throat. All in all, it's a pretty simple procedure and really not anything to worry about.
Blog List
Saturday, April 18, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment